How much does John Cena bench press?
John Cena is known for having a 463 pound (210 kilograms) bench press as his one-rep max. At the time of this bench press John Cena was 38 years old and the NFL Combine’s top calculated bench press was 473 pounds.
On top of this John Cena has also been seen to squat 611 lbs (277 KG), a 304 lbs (138 KG) snatch and a 330 lbs (150 KG) clean.
How much John Cena can bench press on video?
Here are the videos which cover this:
John Cena’s amazing bench press of 460 lbs:
John Cena’s 611 lbs squat:
John Cena’s 304 lbs snatch:
John Cena’s 330 lb clean:
John Cena talking about Bench Press
Despite having such an impressive bench press, as well as various other lifts, John Cena talks openly about how useful (or unuseful) the exercise is.
In an interview with Sport Illustrated, when discussing the NFL Draft Combine’s strength assessment which involes bench press for reps at 225 lbs – Cena commented that it is a worthless test of skill.
He mentioned even with his impressive lifts, it wouldn’t mean anything if he was an NFL player. John Cena doubles downs and says it’s athtleticism which actually matters for the NFL not strength. “Anybody can do a max one time, but what the bench press tells the pro scouts is how often the athlete frequented his college weight room for the last 3-5 years.” Cena says.
John Cena doesn’t believe that the abilites that you make in the gym when it comes to bench pressing does not transfer to football as whole. It’s athleticism which is what you want – not chest strength.
For those interested, the NFL Draft Combine measure the performance of the following six drills:
- 40 Yard Dash
- Bench Press 220 lbs with as many reps as possible
- Vertical Jump
- Broad Jump
- 3 Cone Drill
- Shuttle Run
According to the NFL, the bench press is there purely for a test of strength.
How much can John Cena’s Bench Press?: The Summary
In short, John Cena can bench 463 lbs (210 KG) which is absolutely incredle. He was 38 years old at the time of pressing that amount – although he has confirmed that he has done it since in that interview with Sports Illustrated.
- Wilt Chamberlain Bench Press
- How much can Zion Williamson Bench Press?
- How much can Captain America Bench?
- Scot Mendelson | Bench Press, Pec Tear, Height and More
- Decline Bench Press Alternatives
- How much does Luke Voit Bench Press?
- Elbow wraps for Bench Press
- How to Pop Your Pecs
- How much does Stephen Curry Bench Press?
- Calories Burned With Bench Press
- How much can Vince Wilfork Bench press?
- How much can Tiger Woods Bench Press?
- How much does Samaje Perine bench press?
- How much does Ezekiel Elliott Bench Press?
- What is the world record for bench press?
- How to increase bench press by 100lbs?
- How to Bench press a person?
- How much does The Rock bench press?
- How much does a bench press cost?
- How many reps for a bench press?
- How heavy is a bench press bar?
- How much should I bench press for my weight?
- How to get stronger at bench press?
- What is a good bench press weight?
- How often to Bench Press?
- How much can Brock Lesnar Bench Press?
- How much do bench press bars weigh?
- Why does my shoulder hurt when I bench press?
- What muscles do decline bench press work?
- How much can Arnold Schwarzenegger Bench Press?
- What does close grip bench press work?
- How much would a gorilla bench press?
- How many sets of bench press?
- What muscle does bench press work?
- How much does John Cena bench press?
- What distinguishes push-ups from other chest exercises such as the bench press and dumbbell flies?