What is the world record for bench press?
As of 2020, the world record bench press raw was set by American Julius Maddox at 349 kg (770 lb). The current world equipped record (with a bench press shirt) is held by Will Barotti, at 501 kg (1,105 lb).
The greatest test of upper body strength is the bench press, and many consider it the pinnacle of weightlifting strength. The use of bench press shirts which offer support to the shoulders and aid the lift have increased the record for bench press in recent years, but what actually is the world record for a bench press?
What is the world record bench press for an adult male?
The use of bench press shirts has led to a two tier system for attaining the world record for bench press.
The record for a “raw” bench press ( i.e without a bench press shirt) belongs to Julius Maddox of Owensboro, KY, USA. Kentucky based Maddox set the world record at 770lbs in March 2020, beating his own two previous world records. The previous record holder before Maddox was Kirill Sarychev from Russia, who managed a bench press of 738.5lbs. Sarychev has held that record since 22nd November 2015.
Tiny Meeker set his record of 1102lbs wearing a bench press shirt in 2013 and this was only superseded by Will Barotti in June 2020 when he pressed a staggering 1105lbs at the MM Power Wars in New York. The male Paralympic bench press record was set at 544lbs 8oz by Sodnompiljee Enkhbayar on 18th July 2019.
What is the world record bench press for an adult female?
Not to be outdone by the men the women in powerlifting hold some pretty impressive records as well.
For an equipped bench press, which means wearing a bench press shirt, Becca Swanson, a powerlifter from Papillion in Nebraska, USA lifted 601lbs in 2005, a record which as yet remains unbroken. The raw bench press record was set by American April Mathis in 2016 when she bench pressed 457lbs to break the previous world record. The female Paralympic Bench press record belongs to Foloshade Oluwafemiayo wo bench pressed 330lb 11 oz on 18th July 2019 at the world para powerlifting championships in Kazakhstan.
What other bench press world records exist?
There are a myriad of other bench press records that the aspiring powerlifter can look to break, from the heaviest amount of weight lifted in a minute, 15344lb by Eamonn Keane of Ireland, or the heaviest amount of weight lifted in an hour 305,300lbs again by Eamonn Keane in 2003. Records head over to the slightly more off the wall such as the world record for the most consecutive bench presses underwater, 62 if you’re wondering, and the dubious honor belongs to Greg Whitstock from illinois, USA and was set on 1st October 2019.
In the equally off the wall category sits the record for the most bench presses of a person in one minute, where Derek Boyer from Melbourne, Australia, bench pressed a person 162 times in one minute back in 2010.
What is the world record for bench press?
The current work record for a male powerlifter using a bench press shirt to aid his lifts is 1105lbs by Will Barotti in June 2020 at the MM Power Wars in New York.
- Scot Mendelson | Bench Press, Pec Tear, Height and More
- Decline Bench Press Alternatives
- How much does Luke Voit Bench Press?
- Elbow wraps for Bench Press
- How to Pop Your Pecs
- How much does Stephen Curry Bench Press?
- Calories Burned With Bench Press
- How much can Vince Wilfork Bench press?
- How much can Tiger Woods Bench Press?
- How much does Samaje Perine bench press?
- How much does Ezekiel Elliott Bench Press?
- What is the world record for bench press?
- How to increase bench press by 100lbs?
- How to Bench press a person?
- How much does The Rock bench press?
- How much does a bench press cost?
- How many reps for a bench press?
- How heavy is a bench press bar?
- How much should I bench press for my weight?
- How to get stronger at bench press?
- What is a good bench press weight?
- How often to Bench Press?
- How much can Brock Lesnar Bench Press?
- How much do bench press bars weigh?
- Why does my shoulder hurt when I bench press?
- What muscles do decline bench press work?
- How much can Arnold Schwarzenegger Bench Press?
- What does close grip bench press work?
- How much would a gorilla bench press?
- How many sets of bench press?
- What muscle does bench press work?
- How much does John Cena bench press?
- What distinguishes push-ups from other chest exercises such as the bench press and dumbbell flies?