Wilt Chamberlain Bench Press: How much could he bench press?
Wilt Chamberlain could bench press up to 500 pounds. Shaq could only bench about 450, probably less now. When Wilt Chamberlain was 59 years old, he could still bench press 465 pounds, which is more that Shaq has ever been able to do. Wilt was 63 when he died.
In this article, we talk Wilt Chamberlain’s legendary bench press and how this NBA basketball player is one of the strongest men to ever grace the sport.
Wilt Chamberlain Bench Press Video
There is currently no video of Wilt Chamberlain bench pressing his max. That said there are numerous sources out there claiming that Wilt Chamberlain was able to bench press 500 pounds with ease.
As he got older, he was still able to bench press 465 pounds at 59.
We would’ve loved to have seen a video of Wilt Chamberlain absolutely crushing bench press. However, the man is almost like an urban legend with numerous sources claiming he can do these incredible feats – but there not actually being a lot of video footage to support it all.
Wilt Chamberlain Bench Press 600?
Rumors claim that Wilt Chamberlain could bench press up to 600 pounds (and has bedded 20,000 women), however given his height, weight and reach – this seems highly unlikely.
500 pounds seems much more realistic for Wilt, even it is still an incredibly high number to put up on the bench press.
Wilt Chamberlain Bench Press Max: How much could he do realisitically?
Realistically, we still believe that Wilt Chamberlain could bench press up to 500 pounds in his prime.
However going as far as 600 pounds like some sources have claimed seems a little too far-fetched, even for us.
Wilt Chamberlain Push-Ups
Wilt Chamberlian once performed 200 pushups in a row, fingertip style, in competition with Heavyweight champ Floyd Patterson who had maxed out with 158. Wilt Chamberlain could also run a 40 yard dash in 4.6 seconds and had a 45+ inch vertical.
Wilt Chamberlain Bench Press Summary: What you need to know…
Wilt Chamberlain has a lot of claims made about his incredibly physical feats, and when it comes to the bench press – the giant could max out at 500 pounds.
But that’ snot all Wilt Chamberlain could do. Here’s some fast facts about the man himself to really put into perspective the absolute beast that he was:
- Wilt Chamberlain was 7’1″.
- He has a personal record of 6 foot 6 inches in the high jump.
- Wilt Chamberlain has thrown a 55 feet shot put.
- He’s run 440 in 49 seconds.
- Wilt Chamberlain has a personal record of a 22 foot long jump.
- He nearly died of pneumonia as a child – and still came back as one of the strongest athletes the world has ever seen.
- During high school Chamberlain was part of the Overbook Panthers and led his school team with a win-loss record of 56-3.
- He was offered 200 college sports scholarships after his insane performance in school basketball.
And there’s a ton more out there. Such as playing semi-professional basketball as a child under the name ‘George Marcus’.
Regardless of what is true and what isn’t – no one can take away the fact that Wilt Chamberlain is an absolute legend and should be remembered for being an absolute hero of the sport.
We miss you Wilt!
- Wilt Chamberlain Bench Press
- How much can Zion Williamson Bench Press?
- How much can Captain America Bench?
- Scot Mendelson | Bench Press, Pec Tear, Height and More
- Decline Bench Press Alternatives
- How much does Luke Voit Bench Press?
- Elbow wraps for Bench Press
- How to Pop Your Pecs
- How much does Stephen Curry Bench Press?
- Calories Burned With Bench Press
- How much can Vince Wilfork Bench press?
- How much can Tiger Woods Bench Press?
- How much does Samaje Perine bench press?
- How much does Ezekiel Elliott Bench Press?
- What is the world record for bench press?
- How to increase bench press by 100lbs?
- How to Bench press a person?
- How much does The Rock bench press?
- How much does a bench press cost?
- How many reps for a bench press?
- How heavy is a bench press bar?
- How much should I bench press for my weight?
- How to get stronger at bench press?
- What is a good bench press weight?
- How often to Bench Press?
- How much can Brock Lesnar Bench Press?
- How much do bench press bars weigh?
- Why does my shoulder hurt when I bench press?
- What muscles do decline bench press work?
- How much can Arnold Schwarzenegger Bench Press?
- What does close grip bench press work?
- How much would a gorilla bench press?
- How many sets of bench press?
- What muscle does bench press work?
- How much does John Cena bench press?
- What distinguishes push-ups from other chest exercises such as the bench press and dumbbell flies?